"I was in a printing house in hell, and saw the method in which knowledge is transmitted from generation to generation."
[William Blake, The marriage of heaven and hell.]
- Allen, T.J. and Cohen, S.I. (1969) "Information flow in research and development laboratories." Administrative Science Quarterly, 14, 12-20
- Bailey, R. and Brake, M. (1975) Radical social work. London: Arnold.
- Belkin, N.J. (1977) "The problem of 'matching' in information retrieval. (Paper presented at the Second International Research Forum on Information Science, Copenhagen.)
- Carver, V. and Edwards, J.L. (1972) Social workers and their workloads. London: National Institute for Social Work.
- On the utility of the relevance concept. Santa Monica, CA: System Development Corporation. (Report SP-1595)
- Department of Health and Social Security, Central Management Services and London Borough of Islington, Personnel Department. (1978) Joint review of relationships between the social services department... and local offices of the Department of Health and Social Security handling supplementary benefits work. London: London Borough of Islington.
- Department of the Environment (1976) Berkshire county-wide data study: (survey): report prepared for the Secretary of State... by the Local Government Operational Research Unit, Royal Institute of Public Administration. London: Department of the Environment
- Douglas, J.D. (1976) Investigative social research: individual and team field research. Berkeley, CA: Sage.
- Hall, E.T. (1969) The hidden dimension: man's use of space in public and private. London: Bodley Head.
- Holland, T.P. (1976) "Information and decision making in human services." Administration in Mental Health, 4, 26-35.
- Laudet, J.M. (1977) A case study of information flow in a children's reception unit. Unpublished MA dissertation, University of Sheffield, Postgraduate School of Librarianship and Information Science.
- Line, M.B. (1974) "Draft definitions: information and library needs, wants, demands and uses." Aslib Proceedings, 26, 87.
- McCaughan, N. (1977) "Group behaviour: some theories for practice", in: C. Briscoe and D.N. Thomas, eds. Community work: learning and experience. London: Allen and Unwin
- Mintzberg, H. (1973) The nature of managerial work. New York, NY: Harper and Row.
- Roberts, N. (1975) "Draft definitions: information and library needs, wants, demands and uses: a comment." Aslib Proceedings, 27, 308-313
- Rowbottom, R. and Billis, D. (1977) "The stratification of work and organisational design." Human Relations, 30, 53-76.
- Schuler, R.S. and Blank, L.F. (1976) "Relationships among types of communication, organizational level, and employee satisfaction and performance." IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 23, 124-129
- Schutz, A. & Luckman, T. (1974) The structure of the life-world. London: Heinemann.
- Social Work Service Development Group (1975) Records in social services departments. London: Department of Health and Social Security.
- Steiner, J.F. (1923) "The reading habits of the social worker". Journal of Social Forces, 1, 477-487
- Streatfield, D.R. (1978) Information services in local authority social services departments: preliminary review. Journal of Librarianship, 10, 1-18
- Streatfield, D.R. and Messenger, V. (1980) "Dear Sir, Would any of your readers...?" Community Care, 304, 26-27
- Streatfield, D.R. and Wilson, T.D. (1978) "We have ways of making you... read?" Library Association Record, 80, 62-64
- Streatfield, D.R. and Wilson, T.D. (1980) The vital link: some current research on communication in social services departments. London: Community Care and the Joint Unit for Applied Research in the Personal Social Services.
- Tushman, M.L. (1977) "Special boundary roles in the innovation process." Administrative Science Quarterly, 22, 587-605
- Wilson, T.D. (1977) "The investigation of information use and users' needs as a basis for training programmes." International Forum on Information and Documentation, 2, 25-29
- Wilson, T.D., Streatfield, D.S., Mullings, C., Lowndes-Smith, V., and Pendleton, B. (1978) Information needs and information services in local authority social services departments (Project INISS). Final report... on stages 1 and 2. October 1975-December, 1977. London: British Library. (British Library R & D Report Series No. 5453. 2 vols.)
- Yeadon, R. (1976) Hospital social workers and information: a non-participant observation study of information use in hospital social work departments. Unpublished MA dissertation, University of Sheffield, Postgraduate School of Librarianship and Information Science.